Thinking about quitting?
Boost your success with quitting tobacco by combining medications (e.g., nicotine patches, gum, lozenges, etc.) and counseling with changing behaviors. Why does this lead to greater success? … This helps to address the multiple aspects of tobacco addiction to meet your individualized needs.
The most effective strategy for quitting tobacco is a combination of medications and counseling.
You’re not in this alone
- Talk with your healthcare provider
- Connect with resources that can help to make quitting easier. Call the LUNG HelpLine at 1-800-LUNG-USA (1-800-586-4972)
- Quitting smoking is a process, and Freedom From Smoking Online (FFS Online) is a program that can help to guide you. FFS Online does not begin with quitting. We start by giving you solid information about preparing to quit, then guide you through your Quit Day and the first few weeks of being smokefree.
Freedom From Smoking Online
Another option for all Minnesotans is QUITPLAN® Services
QUITPLAN Services is a free cessation program available to anyone in Minnesota who wants to quit tobacco. People who live in Minnesota can, if eligible, sign up for the QUITPLAN Helpline for a complete phone counseling (quitline) program or they can choose individual services.
- The QUITPLAN® Helpline offers a complete program that includes five, one-on-one phone coaching sessions with trained tobacco counselors and free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges, plus additional integrated tools (e.g. text messages and email) to help enrollees quit. The QUITPLAN Helpline is available to adult Minnesotans who are uninsured or whose insurance does not cover cessation counseling and/or medications.
- Individual QUITPLAN® Services are available to all Minnesota adults, regardless of insurance status. Individuals can register for any or all of the below individual services.
- Starter Kit of Patches, Gum or Lozenges: Two weeks of free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges to get you started.
- Text Messaging: Tips, games and reminders texted right to your phone.
- Email Program: A series of emails full of tips, advice and encouragement.
- Quit Guide: A resourceful guide to help you quit.
Minnesotans can find out about all the free help to quit tobacco through QUITPLAN Services by visiting www.quitplan.com or calling 1-888-354-PLAN (7526).